Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cherry Blossom Run


Still not understanding how to upload pictures so this one is going to have to be ginormous!!

Yep, 77 days until I leave for Washington DC to participate in the Cherry Blossom Run! The race is actually on the 7th but we are going down for a little vacation.  For this race you have to enter a lottery.  I didn't think I'd be picked but I entered anyway.  My friend signed herself and her daughter up as well and -- YUP -- they were picked, too!! My friend plans to walk the 5k and I intend to run the 5k.  Something I have never done before.  So, this is my goal.  But it is about 80 days away and I haven't trained for it at all.  :( I started the Couch to 5k program a few months ago but barely got past week one.  Then it started getting darker early and colder.  Excuses, I know, but I don't feel comfortable being out by myself in the dark.  And the cold just does me in.  I get so cold that I stay chilled for the rest of the day.  We had a temp of 60 degrees on Sunday which was NICE!! But the next day it was back in the 30's.  I have been going to bed early this week because I am just so cold.  Anyway, I have to figure out a way to train for this race because my goal is to RUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment